Previously, the Gerard Bush-Christopher Renz directed and written movie was dated for Aug. 21, but with Warner Bros. Tenet hoping to reopen theaters over Labor Day weekend, the plan is for Antebellum to go later.
More from Deadline
- Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer Earned $11 Million In Fiscal 2020, Up 67% From Year Earlier
- Lionsgate Names Former FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn To Its Board
- Lionsgate And BuzzFeed Launch Motion Picture Partnership
The pic was originally set for a April 24 release before the pandemic shut down a majority of theaters nationwide.
Antebellum follows a successful author, Veronica Henley, who finds herself trapped in a horrifying reality and must uncover the mind-bending mystery before it’s too late.
The pic also stars Jena Malone, Gabourey Sidibe, and Jack Huston.
Bush and Renz produced with Zev Foreman, Raymond Mansfield, Sean McKittrick and Lezlie Willis.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto