Kentucky men’s basketball will play its first exhibition game of the 2023-24 season when the Georgetown College Tigers visit Rupp Arena for a 7 p.m. tipoff.
The SEC Network has the television coverage.
You can follow a UK basketball X.com list here.
Final: Kentucky 92, Georgetown College 69
▪ After leading by just a point (35-34) at the half, Kentucky puts together a strong second half to knock off Georgetown College 92-69 in UK’s first exhibition game.
▪ Tre Mitchell led the Cats with 22 points.
▪ UK shot 56.8% in the second half and 48.6% from the floor for the game. The Cats were 8 of 22 from 3-point range. Despite not having any of its trio of 7-footers, UK won the boards 46-32.
NEW: Kentucky 92, Georgetown College 69.
It was closer than that for pretty much the whole night. Quick recap on the Cats' first exhibition game of the 2023-24 basketball season ... https://t.co/b0306ZtMMB
— Ben Roberts (@BenRobertsHL) October 28, 2023
▪ Kentucky up 80-63 with exactly 4:00 remaining.
▪ Prettiest play of the night: Reed Sheppard hit Justin Edwards for a perfect lob dunk with 4:55 left.
— Kentucky Men’s Basketball (@KentuckyMBB) October 28, 2023
▪ Kentucky has stretched its lead over Georgetown to 74-58 with 6:03 left. Tre Mitchell now with 18 points for the Cats.
▪ Kentucky up 61-50 with 11:16 remaining. UK is 9 of 19 from the floor this half and 24 of 56 for the game for 42.9%.
▪ UK is 6 of 18 from 3-point range as a team. Tre Mitchell has made 3 of 4 3-point attempts. His teammates are 3 of 14.
▪ Cam Brooks-Harris leads Georgetown with 16 points.
▪ Kentucky leads Georgetown 54-40 as the Tigers take a timeout with 15:38 left. Cats have outscored the Tigers 19-6 so far in this half.
▪ Antonio Reeves is up to 16 points. He’s made two 3-pointers this half. Tre Mitchell has also made a three.
▪ UK’s Justin Edwards is 1 of 7 from the field.
▪ Kentucky opened the second half with an 8-0 run.
Why do we STILL have checkerboard on the floor of Rupp Arena? Asking for a friend. #BBN
— Chris Bailey (@Kentuckyweather) October 27, 2023
First half: Kentucky up 35-34 at the half
▪ Biggest takeaway from first half, Kentucky needs at least one of its big men to get healthy or eligible.
▪ First half points in the paint: Georgetown 22, Kentucky 18. Cats without 7-footers Aaron Bradshaw, Ugonna Onyenso and Zvonimir Ivisic.
▪ Kentucky clinging to a 35-34 lead at the half. UK was 15 of 37 in the first half for 41 percent. The Cats were 2 of 9 from 3-point range.
▪ Georgetown was 14 of 32 from the field, including 1 of 8 from 3-point range.
▪ Antonio Reeves leads Kentucky with eight points.
▪ Tyran Jones leads Georgetown with nine points.
▪ Georgetown blocked five UK shots.
▪ UK up 29-27 with 3:38 left in the first half. Georgetown is 11 of 19 from inside the 3-point arc. The Tigers might be leading if not for the fact they’ve turned it over eight times.
— Mark Mahan (@MarkMahan) October 27, 2023
▪ Kentucky leads Georgetown 26-20 with 6:37 left in first half. Reed Sheppard swished a 3-pointer at 8:11 mark for a 24-18 lead. Rob Dillingham followed that with a fast break bucket to push the lead to eight points.
▪ Kentucky is 12 of 24 from the floor, including 2 of 7 from 3-point range. Georgetown is 9 of 22 from the floor. The Tigers have missed all six of their 3-point attempts.
▪ UK up 15-14 with 11:13 left in first half. Tre Mitchell leads way with five points. Georgetown led 10-8 and 12-10. Kentucky is 7 of 16 from the floor, including 1 of 5 from 3-point range.
▪ Reed Sheppard and Rob Dillingham checked in at 12:07 mark.
UK up 8-6 on Georgetown at 14:39 TV timeout. Cats are 4 of 11 from the floor. Georgetown College is 3 of 7 from the floor. Georgetown has blocked three Kentucky shots.
▪ Kentucky starters: D.J. Wagner, Justin Edwards, Adou Theiro, Tre Mitchell and Antonio Reeves.