- B.C. climber remembers Everest Sherpa killed in avalanche CBC - 4 hours ago
The Sherpas killed in the deadliest avalanche to sweep through were the most experienced mountaineers to work on Everest, says a B.C. climber. More »B.C. climber remembers Everest Sherpa killed in avalanche
The Sherpas killed in the deadliest avalanche to sweep through were the most experienced mountaineers to work on Everest, says a B.C. climber.
- Elk poaching in B.C. alarms conservation officers CBC - 6 hours ago
Poachers have illegally killed at least seven elk in the Cowichan Valley raising concerns among conservation officers about public safety.
- Vancouver Whitecaps looking to avenge MLS loss to Los Angeles Galaxy The Canadian Press - 12 hours ago
VANCOUVER - Striker Kenny Miller wants to make the most of his seemingly limited time left with the Vancouver Whitecaps. Miller, a former Scottish international slated to become a free agent under a quirky contract that expires at mid-season, hopes to start Saturday in the second of back-to-back games with the Los Angeles …
- Astronaut Chris Hadfield thrills B.C. kids by flying paper airplanes The Canadian Press - Thu, 17 Apr, 2014
COQUITLAM, B.C. - Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield's passion for space travel isn't limited to rockets — he was just as happy flying paper airplanes with a bunch of giddy Grade 5 kids in Coquitlam, B.C. His visit, part of the B.C. Institute of Technology's day of transportation, had Hadfield's passion to educate and inspire …
- B.C. teachers' strike action issued for Wednesday CBC - Fri, 18 Apr, 2014
Citing a lack of meaningful progress at the bargaining table, B.C. Teachers’ Federation president Jim Iker has announced his union is issuing 72 hours strike notice, but that job action will be confined to a teacher withdrawal of administrative service.
- AC/DC guitar stolen in dirty deed from B.C. restaurant: RCMP The Canadian Press - Thu, 17 Apr, 2014
Mounties in White Rock, B.C., are asking for the public's help in finding a unique guitar stolen from a display case in a local restaurant. The guitar is a 1961 Gibson SG Les Paul re-issue in a cherry finish, signed by Angus and Malcolm Young of the band AC/DC. The guitar is easily recognizable by a distinct cartoon picture …
Blustery winter weather couldn't keep vinyl aficionados from lining up outside a garage in east Edmonton Friday where more than 10,000 LPs from the collections of … More »LP fans buy up stacks of wax at record garage sale