WINNIPEG — Manitoba health officials are reporting two more deaths linked to the COVID-19 pandemic, bringing the total fatalities in the province to 11.
The government says a man in his 80s and another man in his 90s have died from the virus.
They are from two different communities in the Hanover and Niverville areas south of Winnipeg,
The province says both men were linked to known clusters and had been in hospital.
Health officials are also noting 17 new COVID-19 cases across the province, bringing the total of confirmed and probable cases so far to 748.
Eleven of the new cases are in the Winnipeg area, where the province's chief public health officer has said there has been community transmission of the novel coronavirus.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Aug. 18, 2020
The Canadian Press