By Rebecca Taylor, Yahoo Style U.K.
Meghan Markle’s first job after being a working royal has been confirmed.
Disney+ confirmed the Duchess of Sussex will narrate an original movie “Elephant” which will be available for streaming beginning on April 3 — just two days after she officially steps back as a working royal.
The film is about a family of elephants and their journey across the Kalahari Desert in Africa.
Meghan and her husband, Prince Harry, have not carried out any public engagements since March 9, when they attended the Commonwealth Day service in Westminster Abbey with the rest of the royal family.
But the official date they stop being working royals is March 31.
The couple’s announcement in January came as a huge shock, as they announced they wanted to step back from their roles as senior members of the royal family, and make their own money.
Until now, there was little confirmation about what that could look like.
The deal hinted at how the Duke and Duchess could use their status to benefit charities.
A trailer for “Elephant” shows that it “follows one family’s extraordinary 1,000 mile journey across Africa on an adventure that will change their lives.”
In July 2019, Prince Harry and Meghan attended a red carpet premiere of “The Lion King,” and it appeared Harry touted his wife for work.
Earlier this week, Al Jean, showrunner for The Simpsons said he would also welcome working with Meghan.
He told the Radio Times: “We’ve talked about Harry and Meghan. I hear she wants to do voiceover work. So if they’re reading this, give us a call.”
With the couple in their last days as senior royals, they have been laying the groundwork behind the scenes for a not-for-profit global organization based in North America, but full details and the launch date have yet to be revealed.
A source said: “They’re busy working as they always have been.”
They will have to give up the use of the word royal, which means a new handle for their Instagram, as well as new branding.
The announcement about Meghan’s job comes soon after her father-in-law confirmed he has coronavirus.
Prince Harry is said to have spoken to his father Charles after he contracted the disease. Charles is still working and is in good spirits.
Harry and Meghan are understood to be taking precautions since their return to Canada after their final engagements in the U.K.