Between the Thomas Markle bagging lucrative interviews, Samatha Markle signing a book deal and royal wedding guests selling their gift bag for thousands, it seems everyone is cashing in on the action.
Now, it seems even Meghan Markle’s close friend, fashion designer Misha Nonoo, is using her royal connections to push her business.
Back in September 2017, Meghan stepped out at the Invictus Games with Harry, in the pair’s first public outing together, wearing a simple white shirt by her friends’s clothing label.
The shirt from Misha Nonoo’s ‘Easy 8’ collection was aptly named the ‘Husband shirt’ and, at the time, was assumed to be an indication of Meghan’s upcoming engagement.
Now, Misha – who was also once suspected to be the person that set Harry and Meghan up – is flogging the shirt on her Instagram, cleverly selling it as “The shirt that sealed the deal”.
In a now-deleted sponsored post, the designer poses on a bed wearing the shirt sans trousers.
The post is captioned: “The Shirt That Sealed the Deal Introducing the Husband Shirt. Better known as the shirt that sealed the deal” (sic).
Some have criticed the deisgner for “cashing in” on her friend’s marriage.
“One of Meghan’s friends is already using the connection to try to flog shirts…insinuating that one of her shirts ‘sealed the deal’ with Prince Harry,” one user reportedly commented.
Obviously, Misha added a dark-haired princess emoji, you know, just to really drive the message home – and it seems that message reads something like ‘buy this shirt and you’ll end up a princess’.
We know fashion can be a poweful thing, but we’re not holding our breath on that one…
Thanks though, Misha.
MOST POPULAR ROYAL WEDDING STORIES ON YAHOO
- Relive the wedding with Yahoo’s coverage: Harry and Meghan’s marriage sealed with a kiss
- Take a closer look at Meghan Markle’s wedding dress
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s whispered words before first kiss revealed
- The sweet wedding moment you probably missed
- Princess Charlotte steals hearts with enthusiastic wave
- In pictures: Celebrity guests attend royal wedding
- When Harry wed Meghan: The best pictures of the big day