School boards in Ottawa are cancelling classes in the wake of the significant thunderstorms that tore through the area Saturday.
Ottawa's English Catholic and public school board have both decided classes will not go ahead Tuesday.
The French Catholic school board has also announced schools in Ottawa and Carleton Place will be shut down, while those outside the city will be open.
The French public board will close 28 schools on Tuesday, while 11 remain open.
In a statement, the Ontario Catholic School Board (OCSB) said schools would be closed to all staff and students on Tuesday, including at the Blessed Carlo Virtual School and St. Josephine Virtual High School.
There would also be no remote learning, said Monday's statement from the board to parents.
"The decision to close all OCSB schools was based on the fact that thousands of families are still without power, roads still need to be cleared, and municipal officials are urging residents to stay off city streets as they attempt to stabilize roadways and traffic lights."
The board is expecting to reopen its schools on Wednesday.
The Ottawa-Carleton District School Board (OCDSB) made a similar decision, noting about half of its schools are without power.
The closure includes Ottawa Carleton Virtual, Adult High School, and the McHugh Outdoor Education Centre.
The board had already announced that Castor Valley Elementary School would be closed, as it sustained damage to its roof during the storm. Students there are expected to get more information from the board.
No virtual classes will take place either on Tuesday, the board said.
French boards assessing damage
The Conseil des écoles catholiques du Centre-Est (CECCE) said Monday afternoon that its schools in Orléans, Cumberland, Vars, Gloucester, Vanier, Barrhaven, Stittsville, Kanata, South Riverside, Marionville, Nepean and Carleton Place will be closed Tuesday.
CECCE schools not in the immediate Ottawa area, including Kemptville, Merrickville, Pembroke, Kingston, Brockville and Quinte West will remain open. That said, some school bus routes may need to be cancelled or delayed, according to the board, which said the Ottawa School Transportation Consortium will make a decision in the morning.
Virtual learning will not take place, as many staff and students don't have internet, the board added.
The Conseil des écoles Publiques de l'est de l'Ontario (CEPEO) says it will close 28 schools as well as the childcare services they provide.
Eleven schools will hold classes as usual on Tuesday. All schools are expected to reopen by Wednesday, unless the board says otherwise.