It's a blustery day in the capital as we creep toward a chilly weekend.
Thursday should see flurries ending early in the morning with a mix of sun and cloud as the high hits –1 C. The normal high for March 9 in Ottawa is 1 C, so that's not far off.
A west wind should gust at 30 kilometres per hour, which you will notice as you head to work or school.
Tonight the temperature should drop to –11 C with a 40 per cent chance of flurries.
Friday will get as warm as –5 C with two centimetres of snow expected, as well as a northwest wind at 20 km/h in the early afternoon.
Those who are fleeing town for March Break can smile, while the rest of us yell at the clouds. Maybe the wind will take us away, too. Here's why:
- Friday night's low will be –21 C.
- Saturday's high will be –12 C.
- Saturday night's low will be –22 C.
- Sunday's high will reach –9 C.
- Sunday night's low will reach –19 C.
- Lows of –14 C are expected Monday and Tuesday nights.
The temperature will reach its coldest on Saturday before it slowly inches higher during the week.