Ottawa's weather forecast calls for a whole lotta sunshine

Today will still feel like winter in the capital but you can count on a lot of sun, once again, before the snow hits.

Thursday's forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of 2 C and a UV index of four, or moderate. The wind is nothing like Wednesday.

Overnight should see more clouds as the low hits –4 C.

Friday to Sunday will also feature highs of 2 C with snow expected through the weekend.

It will be a snowy and wet Friday with two centimetres of snow expected to fall. The snow starts in the morning and then changes to periods of rain late in the afternoon.

Friday night also brings a 70 per cent chance of snow with a low of –2 C.

Saturday has a 40 per cent chance of snow and Saturday night a 60 per cent chance of snow (with a low of –12 C).

Sunday brings a 70 per cent chance of snow.

The temperature should rise next week, but features snow mixed with rain to start the week.