The Beefy Vixen from Mill River Resort is the 2017 winner of P.E.I. Burger Love, by an online vote of Island burger fans.
Here's a look at some of the numbers behind this increasingly popular event.
- 84 different burgers (up 15 per cent).
- $2.6 million in revenue (up 18 per cent).
- 184,307 burgers (up 13 per cent).
- 31 days of burger eating (up by one day — 3 per cent).
The numbers may have been helped this year by an extra day. The festival started March 31 instead of
April 1, taking advantage of an extra Friday.
This year 36 restaurants participated in a giveback program, raising $63,560 for the United Way.
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | Someone 'has shared a document on Google Docs with you': Watch out for this new phishing scam
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | Record lobster prices in Nova Scotia gives Island fishermen 'hope'
Correction : A previous version of this story said $36,000 was raised for United Way. In fact, $63,560 was raised.(May 04, 2017 10:53 AM)