10 / 23

Al Franken

On December 7, U.S. Sen. Al Franken announced his intention to resign after he had been accused of sexual harassment and misconduct by eight women, including radio host Leeann Tweeden. On November 16, Tweeden wrote an article for a Los Angeles-based radio station’s website, where she detailed her alleged encounters with Franken while the two were in the Middle East as part of a tour to entertain U.S. troops in 2006. The radio host claims Franken insisted on rehearsing a kiss for a skit they were doing when he was a comedian, and when she allowed him to, he allegedly stuck his tongue in her mouth. During the trip home, a photograph was taken of Franken appearing to put his hands in front of Tweeden’s breasts while she was asleep, and Tweeden referred to this as groping. Franken told reporters he didn’t remember the rehearsal “in the same way,” and said he was trying to be funny with the photo, adding he shouldn’t have done it. He then issued a statement apologizing to Tweeden, called the photo “completely inappropriate” and asked for an ethics investigation to take place. Tweeden revealed she received a private message from the U.S. senator, and that she accepts his apology. On November 20, CNN reported Lindsay Menz accused Franken of allegedly grabbing her buttocks while posing for a photo in Minnesota in 2010. CNN published a statement from Franken in response where he said he didn’t remember the alleged incident but felt “badly” if she felt “disrespected. Weeks after the first allegation was reported, a third woman claimed Franken touched her breast while posing for a photo in 2003, according to CNN. Stephanie Kemplin claims Franken touched her inappropriately while she was serving with the U.S. Army in Kuwait. “When he put his arm around me, he groped my right breast,” she told CNN, alleging it lasted for five to 10 seconds. A spokesperson for the U.S. senator told CNN that Franken “has never intentionally engaged in this kind of conduct.” At least five women, including three on the record, have accused the former Saturday Night Live star of inappropriate touching, according to CNN. Photo from Getty Images.

PHOTOS: High-profile stars facing sexual misconduct allegations

WARNING: The details in this article are graphic in nature. Readers’ discretion is advised. 

The sexual harassment claims involving some of the biggest names in entertainment are mounting as more and more people are speaking out.

The allegations are sending shockwaves across social media, where the #MeToo campaign has made headlines worldwide.

If it seems like there’s a new revelation every day, it’s probably because there is one. Not all of them include famous movie actors and producers, but that’s where the tidal wave began.

Since accusations were levied against powerful film executive Harvey Weinstein in October 2017, scores of women and some men have come forward with claims of their own.

This photo gallery details the claims and responses of those facing sexual assault accusations in the past month, including Weinstein, Ben Affleck, James Toback, Kevin Spacey, Dustin Hoffman, Jeremy Piven, Brett Ratner, George Takei, Ed Westwick, Steven Seagal, Louis C.K., Jeffrey Tambor, Sylvester Stallone, Al Franken, Ryan Seacrest, Russell Simmons, Charlie Rose, Nick Carter, Matt Lauer, Geraldo Rivera, Danny Masterson, Mario Batali and Larry King.

This article only mentions allegations made against high-profile personalities in the entertainment industry, and does not mention others who have been accused of sexual misconduct since the #MeToo campaign went viral last month.

None of the allegations made against any of these figures have been proven in court. In some cases, the claims being made are being investigated by law enforcement.