Science & Tech
Pope calls meeting of key bishops on sexual abuse: Vatican
By Philip Pullella
September 12, 2018
Read Full Article
Sign in to post a message.
They are going to meet in February? Doesnt sound like they are really taking this seriously. What kind of immediate response it that and where are the wormen that they should be meeting with? Here is our response:
Roman Catholic Women Priests
Pennsylvania Grand Jury Findings
26 August 2018
We, the undersigned international circle of Bishops representing the Roman Catholic Women Priests movement, state the following:
• We thank the Pennsylvania State's Attorney for doing the work the Roman Catholic Bishops have failed to do and for disclosing the criminal conduct of hundreds of Roman Catholic priests and an estimated thousand child victims.
• We condemn the conduct of priest sex offenders. We condemn the conduct of Bishops who conspired to cover up the criminal conduct of priest sex offenders and expanded the number of child victims by transferring offending clergy to new assignments. We condemn the conduct of Bishops who failed to report clergy accused of sexual crimes to local law enforcement agencies for investigation and possible prosecution. We condemn the conduct of Bishops who themselves engaged in sex offenses with minor victims. We condemn the conduct of all clergy, priests and bishops, who engaged in the sexual harassment of adult women and/or men.
• We believe the structure of priesthood in the Roman Catholic Church is bankrupt and corrupt and must be completely restructured.
We call upon the U.S. Bishops to tender their resignations as bishops subject to the acceptance or rejection of Pope Francis.
• We call upon Pope Francis to establish a lay led ecumenical council to explore new structures for church leadership and church order, including:
1. the ordination of married men, women, and people of all genders;
2. the normalization of LGBTQ relationships and same sex marriage;
3. the establishment of a process for participation of local laity in the selection/election of their bishops;
4. the establishment of lay representation by 2/3 in all ecumenical councils for purposes of developing and setting Roman Catholic theology, policy, self-understanding and practice.
We are aware that this sexual abuse crisis is a worldwide crisis, occurring on every continent where the Roman Catholic Church has a presence. This crisis dramatically affects all of God's people.
Healing and renewal in the Roman Catholic Church can only begin after a serious accounting of its hierarchy. A recall of the current, collective leadership and a non-hierarchical restructuring of the Church is imperative in order to heal the grave wounds to the body of Christ and move the Church into the 21st century.
+Marie Evans Bouclin, (Sudbury, ON, Bishop Emerita, RCWP Canada)
+Merlene Olivia Doko, (Pismo Beach, CA, Bishop Emerita, RCWP-USA)
+Patricia Fresen, (Stuttgart, Germany and Johannesburg, South Africa, RCWP)
+Joan M. Clark Houk, (South Bend, IN, RCWP-USA, Great Waters Region)
+Andrea Michele Johnson, (Annapolis, MD, RCWP-USA, Eastern Region)
+Jane Kryzanowski, (Regina, SK, RCWP Canada)
+Christine Mayr-Lumetzberger, (Pettenbach, RCWP Austria/ Europe)
+Nancy Louise Meyer, (Indianapolis, IN, RCWP-USA, Midwest Region)
+Maria Regina Nicolosi, (Mission Viejo, CA, Bishop Emerita, RCWP-USA)
+Ida Raming, (Stuttgart, RCWP Germany)
+Sibyl Dana Reynolds, (Pebble Beach, CA, Bishop Emerita, RCWP-USA)
+Suzanne Avison Thiel, (Portland, OR, RCWP-USA, Western Region)
+Jane Via, (San Diego, CA, RCWP-USA, Western Region)
ACTIONS, not words. Every sacrament is identified by actions and a physical token of grace. Apply the same active grace to the sins of the clergy, not "prayers and silence."
it is so important to him he scheduled it for next year. that says how the church really cares about the issue.
Its real simple, ZERO tolerance.
And zero means zero, no warnings, no excuses. You destroy a child's life and you will be punished severely with jail time. Period.
Is he trying to figure out how to stop it or how to do a better job hiding it?
A meeting to tell their stories?
how can any one claim that this is a faith or a religion when it covers up and hides criminals?
Perhaps it would be beneficial for the Catholic leaders to change their rule and allow all Priests and Nuns to marry and have children. One of Gods' commandments was for Adam and Eve to multiply and replenish the world. Soit might be a goodidea for Catholic leaers to marry like regular families and thus obey that first commandment.
Call the wolves to train them on how to guard the sheep??
only 6 people attended
What to Read Next
Weather Network forecasts a mild fall with a steady transition to winter
The Canadian Press
Trump wants to rid Justice Department of 'lingering stench'
The Canadian Press
British inquiry widens Danske Bank money laundering scandal
As bad as Hazel? A look back at the deadly 1954 hurricane as Florence approaches
Kate Middleton and Prince William Stole the Show at a Friend's Wedding
PHOTOS: Sights from the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival
Ottawa to name new ambassador for women, peace and security, Freeland says
The Canadian Press
Han Solo jacket fails to sell at movie memorabilia auction
Homeless high school football player ruled ineligible because of unverified address
Pictures of the week: Tomatoes, tennis, and tigers
Selena Gomez Wore Orange Acid-Wash Jeans for a Beverly Hills Breakfast Date
Justin Theroux Opens Up About His Split From Jennifer Aniston For the First Time
PHOTOS: The 2018 wildfire season around the world
'All we can do is forgive': Descendants of Métis trapper visit site of his eviction by federal government
Amnesty Calls for Accountability for Hurricane Maria Using Projection on Trump Hotel
Vancouver, Toronto Named Canada's Unhappiest Cities
Yahoo Canada Original Videos
California man arrested in 10 'horrific' cold-case rapes
Carolina communities race to beat dangerous flooding from Florence
EU ratchets up pressure on Swiss to clinch new treaty
Escaped python sparks panic on busy road during rush hour
GOP aide for Brett Kavanaugh nomination resigns amid sexual harassment claims
Princess Margaret's 'wild' partying explored in BBC documentary as friend reveals 'we all liked to drink'
Yahoo Style UK
Woman Who Took In Pets During Florence Faces Charges For Allegedly Giving Them Medicine
Aerial footage shows scale of destruction from tornado near Ottawa
Tiny Rescue Dog Gets Chance to Help Fetch Robbery Suspect
One dead following police-involved shooting in Burlington, Ont.
The Canadian Press
Yale Students To Prof Who Denies Coaching Kavanaugh Clerks: You're Lying