MONTREAL — Quebec health officials haven't reported a COVID-19-related death since June 23, and as of Monday, the entire province was at the lowest, green pandemic-alert level.
In their latest report, health officials said Monday they had identified 76 new cases of COVID-19. They said a total of 178 cases had been identified across the province on Friday and Saturday; the Health Department has stopped releasing updates on the weekend.
Officials said hospitalizations dropped by 11 since their last report, to 124, and 31 people were in intensive care, a drop of nine.
Nine of Quebec's 17 regions, including the largest cities such as Montreal, Quebec City and Laval, joined the rest of the province Monday at the green alert level, under which up to 20 people can share a table on restaurant and bar patios. Up to 20 people can also gather inside private homes, and capacity for weddings and funerals was increased to 250 people — but receptions were capped at 25 people indoors and 50 outside.
Officials said 73,754 doses of vaccine were administered Sunday. According to Quebec's public health institute, 81 per cent of residents 12 and over have received at least one dose of vaccine, and 26.3 per cent of all residents are considered fully vaccinated.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published June 28, 2021.
This story was produced with the financial assistance of the Facebook and Canadian Press News Fellowship.
The Canadian Press