Queens Manor announces further suspensions

·1 min read

Community outings and visitations between Queens Manor residents and their families have been suspended, according to Andrew MacVicar, executive director for the Liverpool facility.

“As we see the beginnings of a resurgence of COVID-19 in Nova Scotia with Dr. Strang acknowledging that there is ‘community spread’ in the province, we have made the difficult decision to cease all community outings/visitation between residents and their families and loved one,” MacVicar announced on social media November 17.

He said indoor visitation would be allowed and that residents who already have medical appointments scheduled with family members transporting them would be permitted.

“Dr. Strang has sent a clear message that we are at the edge of a fall into a second wave of COVID-19 here in Nova Scotia. He also has stressed that this is not inevitable and that it is up to each of us to do our part to prevent this from happening,” said MacVicar.

“We each hold that responsibility and have the power to prevent what we are seeing in other parts of the county. This difficult decision is part of that responsibility,” he added.

Residents had been permitted to have off-site visits with family members since September 24.

Kevin McBain, Local Journalism Initiative Reporter, LighthouseNOW Progress Bulletin