We were counting down the hours until Rihanna‘s anticipated red carpet appearance at the 2017 American Music Awards on Sunday night. Lo and behold, the fashion killa pulled a fast one and skipped out on the star-studded event.
So where was Ri-Ri? Well, she popped up on Instagram in a seductive selfie flaunting her new Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint. The red liquid lipstick aptly named Uncensored will be available online at sephora.com and fentybeauty.com Nov. 23 at midnight ET.
The “Lemon” singer has taken to social media to tease her latest creation in a series of enticing photos and video clips. Yahoo Lifestyle was lucky to get its hands on a sample of the product, and asked makeup artist Tedrick LaMar of the Butterfly Studio Salon to recreate Ri-Ri’s bold red-lipped look. Watch the video for his no-fail application trick!
1. Apply BY TERRY Stylo Blackstar in No. 4 Copper Crush onto eyelids, inner corners, and lower lash line.
2. Using the Sephora PRO Warm Palette, brush Copper onto outer corners and crease.
3. Sweep Oat (from the same palette) along eyelids, inner corners, and lower lash line.
4. Trace MAC Cosmetics Pro Longwear Fluidline in Blacktrack on top lash line.
5. Generously coat top lashes with black mascara. Try: Urban Decay Troublemaker Mascara.
6. Define natural shape of cheekbones with NARS Contour Blush in Gienah. Pro Tip: Purse your lips to find hollows of the face.
7. Brush blush onto cheeks to add a touch of warmth to skin. LaMar’s go-to: Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush in Bang.
8. Paint Fenty Beauty Lip Paint in Stunna onto lips. Pro Tip: Use a lip brush for a flawless application.
Hairstyling details: New York City-based hairstylist Gabrielle Corney prepped strands with L’Oréal Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hair Spray for sleek hot-tool styling. Then she smoothed with a 1-inch flat iron. To tame flyaways and achieve a super sleek hairline, use Tancho Stick Hair Styling Balm. Corney finished with Carol’s Daughter Black Vanilla Hair Sheen.
Watch more #CopyThat tutorials from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- How to get Wonder Woman’s fierce figure-8 braid — no Magic Lasso required
- There’s no mystery here: How to get Michelle Pfeiffer’s ‘Orient Express’ vintage waves
- This sunset smoky eyeshadow look is perfect for brown-eyed girls