‘Road House’ Star Conor McGregor Among Those Helping His Manager Who Passed Out After Movie’s SXSW Premiere — Update

UPDATE, 9:16PM: Several sources have informed Deadline tonight that it was actually Conor McGregor’s manager who became dehydrated and passed out in the Paramount Theatre after the SXSW premiere of Amazon MGM’s Road House. That explains why McGregor was so upset in the moment as we witnessed.

McGregor ultimately found his way to the Road House afterparty, complete with honky tonk blues band, at Austin, TX’s Fair Market venue.

More from Deadline

Road House screening at SXSW
McGregor with his manager who had passed out following the ‘Road House’ world premiere at SXSW on Friday

PREVIOUS, 7:28PM: Shortly after the roaring world premiere of Road House at SXSW, a guest at the screening became dehydrated and passed out at Austin’s Paramount Theatre. The movie’s star Conor McGregor stayed behind to help get the guy back on his feet. Deadline was on the scene and witnessed. Before the EMT arrived, the gentleman was drinking water, with a towel on his head with McGregor sitting next to him.

McGregor yelled at those around him about the gravity of the situation. We hear the person who passed out was given the proper nutrition, is back on his feet with the EMT already departed.

Amid the chaos, festival ushers demanded that patrons depart the Paramount asap so that they could turn the theater over for the 9:30PM screening of Netflix’s 3 Body Problem.

Deadline is out to the festival for an official statement and more details.

While Paramount Theatre moviegoers were over the moon about Road House, Deadline’s Valerie Complex was not who called the movie “more fizzle than sizzle” in her review.

Best of Deadline

Sign up for Deadline's Newsletter. For the latest news, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.