With companies like Apple, Samsung, OnePlus, Huawei, and Motorola recently rolling out new flagship devices, now is your chance to take advantage of slashed prices on quality cell phones. If your phone needs an update and you’re ready to score a discount on a new device, here are a handful of smartphone deals available right now. The list includes a few sales on unlocked smartphones, as well as some carrier offers that can save you as much as $850.
The best deal
Our favorite deal this week is the HTC 10. Our review team says the HTC 10 is the “best-sounding phone you can buy,” so if you’re always watching videos and listening to music on the go, you can grab this flagship for a low $330 on B&H and enjoy a whopping $370 in savings.
Carrier smartphone deals
Cellular service providers regularly offer enticing incentives to get you to switch to their LTE plans. So if you’re looking for a new carrier, you can save a good chunk of change and even score a free device by taking advantage of one of the best smartphone deals from Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon or AT&T:
- Sprint: Sprint is offering 60 percent or more off the excellent Samsung Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, S8 Active, Note8, and Moto Z2 Force Edition to new customers. This deal lets you snag the Galaxy S8 for just $144, the S8 Plus or the S8 Active for $216 each, the Galaxy Note8 for $324, and the Z2 Force Edition for $198 when you sign up for an 18-month Sprint Flex lease. You can also lease an Apple iPhone 8 or 8 Plus and score a second one for free, or you can get the compact and super affordable iPhone SE for just $88 after a limited-time $125 website discount.
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile is offering a bunch of buy one, get one free deals on LG, Samsung, and Apple phones. With a down payment for each device and the addition of a new line to your plan, you’ll receive a prepaid MasterCard worth up to $850. Eligible LG devices include the LG V30, LG V30 Plus, and LG G6; Samsung devices include the Galaxy S8 Plus, Galaxy S8, Note8, and S8 Active; and Apple BOGO deals include the iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X with an eligible trade-in.
- Verizon: Verizon is offering discounts of $100 to $300 on a variety of phones, with no trade-in required. This gives you $100 off the Google Pixel 2, $200 off the Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 Plus, LG V30, and Moto Z2 Force, and $200 off the Pixel 2 XL. The carrier also has its own BOGO deal on the iPhone 8, with an eligible trade-in for customers who sign up for an Unlimited plan.
- AT&T: AT&T has a BOGO deal on the Samsung Galaxy S8 that gives you up to $750 in bill credits when you order two devices with AT&T Next service. Or you can purchase an LGV30 on AT&T Next and score an LG G6 or second LG V30 for free. Buy an LGV30 with an eligible trade-in and you can also receive up to $200 off your bill.
Unlocked smartphone deals
Carrier offers typically require you to sign up for a specific service or to trade in an old device to get your discount. These smartphone deals, on the other hand, let you enjoy big savings on these unlocked mobile phones when you buy them outright:
- Blu R1 HD: Blu is a relatively new player that has challenged Motorola’s dominance in the “budget Android phone” market. The dual-sim R1 HD boasts impressive specs for its price, and the unlocked version rings in at just $100 on Amazon.
- Kodak Ektra: If you use your phone to take a lot of pictures but find the photo quality lacking, check out the unique Kodak Ektra which boasts a crisp 21 megapixel f/2.0 aperture rear camera. It’s on sale for cheap right now, too, at just $120 from B&H after a tidy $280 discount.
- Samsung Galaxy S7: The Samsung Galaxy S8 may be our new Android favorite, but the Galaxy S7 is still a solid smartphone, and you can now score one for just $348 from Amazon and enjoy a 42 percent savings of $252.
- Sony Xperia X: Sony’s Xperia lineup remains highly underrated in the huge market of Android smartphones, with these devices offering flagship-like features at midrange prices. The dual-sim Xperia X is a shining example of the value that Sony’s phones provide, coming in at just $240 ($160 off) from B&H.
- Essential Phone: The Essential Phone is a newcomer to the smartphone scene, and it’s a winner. It’s got a great bezel-less design, a large and vibrant HD display, and excellent hardware under the hood. And you can already score a deal on one: Amazon has the unlocked Essential Phone for $450, saving you $249.
- Moto G4: The Moto G is still one of the best budget Android smartphones on the market today, and B&H has the unlocked fourth-generation model on sale for $130 after a $50 discount. You can also grab the larger G4 Plus for $150 and enjoy a savings of $100.
- Moto E2: For what might be the cheapest brand-name Android phone you can buy, check out the Moto E2. B&H has this smartphone on sale for $50 after a $100 discount. This phone is fully unlocked and ready to use with any GSM carrier and select CDMA carriers.
- LG G5: New flagships always come with big price cuts on last year’s models, so if you’re not fussy about having the latest bleeding-edge hardware, the LG G5 is still a great Android phone. A brand-new unlocked one can be yours for only $250 ($280 off) from B&H.
Update: Added the new T-Mobile iPhone BOGO deals, Verizon discounts, and unlocked Blu R1 HD. Removed expired offers and updated prices.
We strive to help our readers find the best deals on quality products and services, and choose what we cover carefully and independently. If you find a better price for a product listed here, or want to suggest one of your own, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.