The holidays are here, and with Black Friday and Cyber Monday upon us, now is the best time of year to get a new smartphone. With companies like Apple and Samsung rolling out new flagship devices, it’s your chance to take advantage of slashed prices and holiday sales. If your phone needs an update and you’re ready to score a discount on a new device, here are a handful of smartphone deals available right now. The list includes a few sales on unlocked smartphones as well as some carrier offers that can save you as much as $850.
The carriers’ best smartphone deals
Cellular service providers regularly offer enticing incentives to get you to switch to their plans, so if you’re looking for a new carrier, you can save a good chunk of change and even score a free device by taking advantage of one of the best smartphone deals from Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon:
- Sprint: Sprint is offering a 50-percent discount on the excellent Samsung Galaxy S8 to new customers. This lets you snag the Galaxy S8 for just $281 when you sign up for an 18-month Sprint Flex Lease. Or you can get the new iPhone 8 or iPhone X for $350 off with a Sprint Flex Lease and an eligible trade-in.
- T-Mobile: T-Mobile is selling the G6 (LG’s latest flagship phone) for $500 after a $150 discount and the Moto Z2 Force Edition for $500 after a $250 discount. The carrier is also offering a buy one, get one free deal when you buy two LG phones — with two down payments for both devices and the addition of a new line to your existing plan, you’ll receive a prepaid MasterCard worth up to $850. Eligible phones include the LG V30, LG V30 Plus, and the LG G6.
- Verizon: Verizon is offering as much as 50 percent off the new Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL when you trade in an eligible device and sign up for Verizon’s Unlimited data plan. This can save you as much as $475 depending on which Pizel you’re buying and the value of your trade-in device.
- AT&T: AT&T has the newly released dual-screen ZTE Axon M available for $725, but for a limited time, you can receive a $100 prepaid Visa Reward card with the purchase of this unique folding phone. The carrier is also offering a BOGO deal on the Samsung Galaxy S8 that provides you with $750 in bill credits when you order both devices with AT&T Next service.
Best unlocked smartphone deals
Carrier offers typically require you to sign up for a specific service or to trade in an old device to get your discount. These Android smartphone deals, on the other hand, let you enjoy big savings on these unlocked mobile phones when you buy them outright:
- Essential Phone: The Essential Phone is a newcomer to the smartphone scene, and it’s a winner. It’s got a great bezel-less design; a large, vibrant HD display; and excellent hardware under the hood, and you can already score a deal on one: Amazon has the unlocked Essential Phone for $450, saving you $250.
- Huawei Honor 8: The Huawei Honor 8 might not be the “flagship killer” that some hyped it to be, but it’s still a good, budget-friendly Android phone with solid hardware. The unlocked Honor 8 is compatible with GSM networks and normally retails for $450, but the 64GB model can be yours for $320 from Amazon (a $130 savings).
- Moto G4: The Moto G is still one of the best budget Android smartphones on the market today, and B&H has the unlocked fourth-generation model on sale for $110 after a $70 discount. You can also grab the larger G4 Plus for $150 and enjoy a savings of $100.
- LG G5: New flagships always come with big price cuts on last year’s models, so if you’re not fussy about having the latest bleeding-edge hardware, then the LG G5 is still a great Android phone. A brand-new unlocked one can be yours for $250 ($280 off) from B&H.
- LG V20: The carrier deals for the LG V20 (one of the best phones on the market if you’re a photography junkie) may have expired, but you can still grab an unlocked one for $400 from B&H and take $150 off.
Update: Added the Moto Z2 Force, LG V30 Plus, and Essential Phone deals. Removed expired offers and updated prices.
We strive to help our readers find the best deals on quality products and services, and choose what we cover carefully and independently. If you find a better price for a product listed here, or want to suggest one of your own, email us at email@example.com.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.