When I voted for Boris Johnson as Tory leader last July I did not anticipate Dominic Cummings becoming his unaccountable de facto deputy employing oddities at the heart of government (No 10 aide in racism row, 17 February). At least with Jeremy Corbyn what you saw is what you got.
• Can anyone explain to this “marmalade generation” reader what “a hotbed of woke culture populated by a snowflake generation” means (Journal, 17 February)? I did work in higher education for 40 years.
• Keith Flett’s assertion that the best male philosophers had beards does not hold up to scrutiny (Letters, 17 February). How does he explain the clean-shaven Immanuel Kant, Bertrand Russell, Ludwig Wittgenstein, Jean-Paul Sartre, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, and many others?
• On the correlation between beards and philosophy, I have found that there is a period of tranquillity to be savoured in the morning, with the razor in hand. Life’s many problems are seen from a different perspective and unexpected inspirations can appear in that moment of clarity. A rushed shave is a bad shave and beards are for weekends.
• Very useful article on procrastination (G2, 17 February).It stopped me from getting down to work for another quarter of an hour.
• Join the debate – email email@example.com
• Read more Guardian letters – click here to visit gu.com/letters
• Do you have a photo you’d like to share with Guardian readers? Click here to upload it and we’ll publish the best submissions in the letters spread of our print edition