The P.E.I. Writers' Guild has announced the short list for this year's Cox and Palmer Island Literary Awards.
The short-listed candidates by category are:
- L.M. Montgomery P.E.I. Writing for Children Award: Lisa Penny, Suzanne Mills, Pierce Smith, Courtney Anderson, Madelaine Sibbick, and Jessica Watts.
- Milton Acorn Poetry Award: Margo Connors, Michael Page, Ann Howatt.
- Maritime Electric Short Story Award: Tanya Nicolle MacCallum, Suzanne Mills Joel Gillespie, Malcolm Murray.
- Creative Non-Fiction Award: Brian Higgins, Irene Larkin, Louise Burley, Rick Sparkes, Margot Maddison-MacFadyen.
The winners will be announced at a gala awards ceremony on May 6 at the Mack on Great George Street in Charlottetown. The gala takes place from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The host of the ceremony is CBC P.E.I.'s Karen Mair. This is the 30th Cox and Palmer Island Literary Awards.
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | Quirky P.E.I. wood artists expanding to include shop
- MORE P.E.I. NEWS | The art of making money as an artist on P.E.I.
Correction : An earlier version of this story said the gala awards ceremony would take place on May 7. In fact, it will be held on May 6.(Apr 03, 2017 3:53 PM)