- To get Apple TV+, you need to have an Apple ID account, with a payment method linked to the account.
- Apple TV+ costs $4.99 per month, but all users are eligible for a one week free trial, and if you buy an Apple product, you'll get an entire year for free.
- You can watch Apple TV+ on your computer, iPhone, iPad, streaming device, or smart TV.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Apple's new streaming platform, Apple TV+, debuted in November 2019, with 10 original shows and movies. Since then, its small but star-studded line-up has not only expanded, but won a number of awards.
The service costs $4.99 per month, after a one week free trial. If you buy an Apple product (like an iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch), you might also be eligible for a free year of Apple TV+. Students are also eligible for a free Apple TV+ membership with their Student Plan Apple Music subscription.
If you don't fall into either of these groups, but still want to start watching Apple TV+ on your device, check that your device is eligible and then follow the steps to get a subscription, starting with a free trial.
All the devices you can watch Apple TV+ on
- An iPhone or iPod Touch with the latest version of iOS
- An iPad with the latest version of iPadOS
- An Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with the latest version of tvOS
- A third-generation Apple TV with the latest Apple TV Software Update
- Any smart TV or streaming media player running the Apple TV app
- A Mac computer running the latest version of macOS
- Any computer with a Safari, Firefox, or Chrome web browser that lets you navigate to tv.apple.com
How to get an Apple TV+ subscription on any device
1. Open the Apple TV app or website on your Apple iPhone, iPad, computer, or Apple TV.
2. Sign in with your Apple ID. If you don't have one, you'll need to create it.
3. Scroll down until you see the "Try It Free" or "Start Free Trial" link, then click or tap it. If you're on the website, it should be the first thing you see.
5. On the next screen, Apple will ask you to "Confirm" you want to you begin your free trial. Tap or click the button to activate your week-long free trial.
If you've bought an Apple product within the last three months, you're eligible for a free year of Apple TV+. When signing up, use the code provided to you — if you didn't receive a code, or don't have the chance to enter it, call Apple support.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Read the original article on Business Insider