Frazer Harrison/Getty Images
- British music mogul Simon Cowell has been rushed to hospital with a broken back after falling off an electric bike in California.
- Cowell had to undergo surgery but was "doing fine," according to a spokesperson.
- He was due to return to the first live show of "America's Got Talent" on Tuesday.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Simon Cowell has been hospitalized with a broken back after he fell off his e-bike in Malibu, California.
A spokesperson for the TV personality said Cowell had to have surgery but that he is "doing fine."
"Simon had a fall from his bike testing his new electric bike in the courtyard at his house in Malibu with his family. He hurt his back and was taken to hospital," the spokesperson said on Saturday, according to the Daily Mail.
"He's doing fine, he's under observation and is in the best possible hands," she added.
Cowell's surgery comes roughly a week before he was due to return to his show "America's Got Talent".
In the last few months, the 60-year-old been pictured going on bike rides with his family, in what is thought to be an effort to embrace a healthier lifestyle.
Cowell has also become a global celebrity as the judge and producer on "Britain's Got Talent," "The X Factor" and "American Idol." He has amassed a fortune of $600 million.
- Read more:
- 'America's Got Talent' champion Susan Boyle says Simon Cowell is 'the best boss in the world'
- Simon Cowell has reportedly been hospitalized after a bad fall at his home
- All of One Direction's solo albums, ranked
- From throwing insults to talking about a reunion, here's everything One Direction members have said since their hiatus
Read the original article on Insider