Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones on Wednesday said he has less than $12 million of the $1.5 billion he owes the families of Sandy Hook school shooting victims, but they immediately questioned the accuracy of his statements. In the first hearing of Jones' bankruptcy in a Houston court, his attorney Vickie Driver said Jones wanted to settle with the Sandy Hook families. Jones said in a court filing that it would be "functionally impossible" for him to pay the defamation verdicts in full.
Wall Street was mixed on Friday as investors assessed economic data and awaited a potential 50-basis point interest rate hike by the U.S. Federal Reserve at its policy meeting next week. However, in December, consumer sentiment improved, while inflation expectations eased to a 15-month low, a University of Michigan survey showed. Futures trades suggest a 77% chance the Fed will raise interest rates by 50 basis points next week, with a 23% chance of a 75-basis point hike, with those odds little changed after Friday's economic data.
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — A member of President Joe Biden's Cabinet is urging Georgia officials to deny permits for a proposed mine near the edge of the famed Okefenokee Swamp and its vast wildlife refuge, saying the plan poses “unacceptable risk” to the swamp's fragile ecology. “I write to express serious concerns regarding proposed mining activities that have the potential to negatively impact the Okefenokee Swamp ecosystem and Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge,” Interior Secretary Deb Haaland sa
The life of Viktor Bout reads like a spy thriller. Russia got the jailed arms dealer back from the United States on Thursday after exchanging imprisoned U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner for him at Abu Dhabi airport. Variously dubbed “the merchant of death” and “the sanctions buster” for his ability to get around arms embargoes, Bout, 55, was one of the world's most wanted men prior to his 2008 arrest on multiple charges related to arms trafficking.
A man is in custody after a double stabbing at a Toronto subway station on Thursday afternoon that left one woman dead and another woman injured. The injured woman is listed in stable condition in hospital, police told reporters at a news conference outside the station in the city's west end. Police said officers responded to calls about a person assaulting and stabbing people on the eastbound subway platform shortly after 2 p.m. They said two women were found with stab wounds and were taken to
A deep chill is lurking on the horizon that could boost your odds of waking up to snow on the ground come Christmas morning.
Four men charged in connection with an alleged racially motivated assault in Abram-Village in early September had their first court appearances in Summerside Wednesday. Three of the four accused were not present in court, but their lawyers asked for their cases to be adjourned because the Crown had just disclosed its information. The lawyers for the accused say it's a large package of information that they have to sort through before their clients enter a plea. The lawyer for one of the accused
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — American Airlines and JetBlue Airways are pushing ahead with an expansion of their partnership in the Northeast, even as a federal judge considers the government’s attempt to kill the deal. The airlines said Friday that American will add six new routes from New York City while dropping one. JetBlue will start several new routes from New York and Boston. Some will operate only during summer, and most will be limited to one or two flights a day. American said it plans to d
The Climate Change Plan for Clean Growth includes 68 actions, but the biggest emission reductions are dependent on projects like the Atlantic Loop.
Families, Children and Social Development Minister Karina Gould said Thursday that new legislation aimed at enshrining the Trudeau government’s child-care program into federal law would prevent Conservatives from dismantling the system. She said it would require them to “publicly tell Canadians they do not believe in affordable child-care.”
David Benedek's grandparents moved to Paris from Transylvania in the 1950s where they opened their first boutique in the Palais-Royale area.View on euronews
The ultimate comfort food. Braised beef shank or Osso Buco in Italy. This dish takes very little time to prepare but a few hours to cook. It is definatly worth the wait. Ingredients 1. Beef Shank ( 3 ) 2. Flour ( to dredge the shank) 3. 2 Carrots chopped 4. 2 Celery stalks chopped 5. 1 Large yellow onion chopped 6. 1 Cup red wine 7. 1 Cup Beef broth 8. 2 Bay leaves 9. Salt and pepper to taste 10. Olive oil 11. Diced or Pureed tomatos 12. 2-3 cloves garlic minced Instructions: 1: Cover shank in flour 2: Preheat Dutch oven (or similar) to Med High Heat 3: Fry Beef shank till a nice brown colour and remove. 4. In the same pan saute onions and garlic. (cook till translucent) 5. Add wine and deglaze pot. 6: Add in celery, carrots, broth ,tomatoes, bay leaves and salt and pepper to taste, 7: Place Shank in the pot and make sure the meat is just covered. 8: Cook at med high heat for 90 mins than reduce heat and simmer till liquid has been reduced. I love this dish with garlic mashed potatoes but you can also use Polenta. Thank You for watching and do not forget to hit the subscribe button. Check out these videos: Check out my other videos: Sticky Teriyaki Chicken Wings https://rumble.com/v1w1dw0-teriyaki-chicken-wings-crispy-and-extra-sticky.html Mouth Watering Crepes https://rumble.com/v1u5p6m-mouthwatering-caramel-maple-crepes.html Bacon Pancakes https://rumble.com/v1qoohk-bacon-pancake.html Follow us Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/grizzlypawsmokers/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrizzlyPawSmokers/
LONDON (AP) — Artist Veronica Ryan has won the prestigious Turner Prize for work that transforms materials including fruits, seeds and volcanic ash into elusive and evocative sculptures. The Montserrat-born British artist was awarded the 25,000-pound ($30,000) prize at a ceremony in Liverpool, England on Wednesday evening. She won for work including public sculptures in London’s Hackney area in the shape of tropical fruits – custard apple, breadfruit and soursop — that honor the contribution to
MONTREAL — Hard talks on hard targets for saving the world's biodiversity began Wednesday at an international conference in Montreal, with calls for rich nations to pony up to save functioning ecosystems where most of them exist — in poor nations. "We need developed countries to provide meaningful financial support for the countries of the global south as custodians of the world’s natural wealth following centuries of exploitation and loss," said United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres
Young women diagnosed with breast cancer often must delay pregnancy for years while they take hormone-blocking pills. A reassuring new study finds they can take a two-year break from these drugs to get pregnant without raising their short-term risk of cancer coming back. “This is really good news for young women and their doctors and their families,” said Dr. Ann Partridge of Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, who led the study. Results were being discussed Thursday at the San Antonio Breas
VICTORIA — At least five children died last month in British Columbia from influenza as a rise of early season respiratory illnesses added strain to the beleaguered health-care system. The figure marks a departure from the average of two to three annual flu deaths among children in the province between 2015 and 2019, data from the BC Coroners Service shows. "Public health is monitoring the situation closely and is reminding people of the steps they can take to protect themselves, their children
LONDON (Reuters) -Britain said the human rights situation in China worsened last year and announced sanctions on Friday against 30 people worldwide, including officials from Russia, Iran and Myanmar who it deems responsible for human rights abuses or corruption. France had on Thursday announced plans for new European Union sanctions against Iran over human rights abuses in its security crackdown on popular unrest there as well as its supply of drones to Russia before Moscow's invasion of Ukraine.
Health Minister Sylvia Jones announced pharmacists will be able to prescribe Paxlovid to eligible patients at no cost, both in person or virtually.
Canada's premiers are demanding Ottawa shoulder what they argue is the federal government's fair share when it comes to health-care costs across the country. Premiers presented a united front as they emerged from a closed-door meeting in Winnipeg today with calls for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to sit down with them to broker a deal. Premiers have repeatedly insisted their provinces and territories are being forced to pay a disproportionate amount of the costs when it comes to health care. Fed
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — A federal judge has ruled that he will not block Mississippi from carrying out with next week’s scheduled execution of an inmate who is suing the state over its use of three drugs for lethal injections. Thomas Edwin Loden Jr., 58, faces a Dec. 14 execution date, which was recently set by the Mississippi Supreme Court. U.S. District Judge Henry Wingate handed down a ruling late Wednesday, saying Loden’s execution can happen even while the lawsuit is pending. Loden has been o