- A lawyer representing Mark and Patricia McCloskey told Forbes on Sunday that the St. Louis couple had received more than 50 offers to replace a rifle that local authorities took under a search warrant.
- The McCloskeys were filmed last month pointing guns at Black Lives Matter protesters who were marching past their home.
- One Missouri gun store said it would "gladly rearm" the couple for free.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
A lawyer for Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the St. Louis couple who were filmed pointing guns at Black Lives Matter protesters marching past their home in late June, told Forbes on Sunday that they'd received at least 50 offers to replace an AR-15 rifle that local authorities seized.
The lawyer, Joel Schwartz, told The Associated Press that on Friday, under a search warrant, authorities seized the rifle Mark McCloskey carried in the video. Schwartz said that the gun Patricia McCloskey had held didn't work but would also be turned over to authorities.
Mark McCloskey said on Friday on "The Todd Starnes Show," a conservative radio show, that he was "absolutely surprised" that his rifle was taken away.
Alien Armory Tactical, a gun store in St. Charles, Missouri, said on Facebook late Friday that it would "gladly rearm" the couple for free, as well as provide training to "show you how to be better prepared."
Schwartz told Forbes that the gun store "along with 50 people" had contacted the couple "and offered to replace the AR-15" but that they were "kindly refuting."
Frank Bahr, the owner of Alien Armory Tactical, did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Read more:
- The St. Louis couple who threatened Black Lives Matter protesters with guns once made children cry after destroying their beehives, report says
- The white St. Louis couple who pointed guns at Black Lives Matter protesters outside their mansion say they support the movement
- Videos of people labeled 'Karens' have flooded the internet, drawing curiosity, condemnation, and criticism. Here's how they took over our feeds during quarantine.
- The latest viral 'Karen' video shows a woman yelling 'I have a Black husband' as she breaks down in fear of being canceled
Read the original article on Insider