Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are slightly higher at the midday mark, just below all-time highs on the major indices, with the utilities (XLU) sector the most in the green and consumer discretionary (XLY) the only sector in the red. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Melody Hahm and David Nelson, chief strategist at Belpointe Asset Management. Plus, Yahoo Finance tech critic David Pogue joins us for the latest in tech.
Today’ Midday Movers topics:
- Investors parse Trump’s budget proposal
- Oil market braces for OPEC announcement
- Google I/O Developer’s Conference highlights
- Why Millennials have trouble finding starter homes
- Where you can make the most money renting your stuff
- Goodbye hotel minibars