Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are mixed at the midday mark, with tech (XLK) leading strongly and energy (XLU) is in last place, as crude oil snaps its eight-day winning streak. Keith Bliss of Cuttone & Co. joins us live from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Nicole Sinclair is joined by Yahoo Finance’s Dan Roberts and Myles Udland.
Today, we talk about:
- CEOs feeling the heat from shareholders
- Strongest and weakest stock sectors going into Q3
- Are higher stock valuations a ‘new normal’?
- Fed releasing details from key ‘balance sheet’ meeting
- Cord cutters force cable to claw for market share
- Tesla’s first half deliveries at low end of forecast
- $100M challenge: How would you fix a failing mall?