Advertisement

Three dead, nine people saved from rubble after Russian attack on Kryvyi Rih

Russian attack claims three lives
Russian attack claims three lives

As the search-and-rescue operation has concluded following a Russian air strike on a residential high-rise in Kryvyi Rih, nine people were rescued from the rubble, Dnipropetrovsk regional governor Serhiy Lysak said in a Telegram post on March 12.

"Emergency workers have checked all apartments in the damaged buildings; nine residents were rescued," said Lysak.

Read also: Russian attack on energy facility in Kryvyi Rih plunges thousands into darkness

According to the official, the attack resulted in three fatalities. Lysak expressed condolences to their families.

He also noted that the number of injured is still being verified.

Read also: Partial electricity restoration in Kryvyi Rih district following Russian nighttime assault

“Several emergency aid points were opened,” the message said.

Read also: Air defense shoots down Russian cruise missile over Kryvyi Rih

“Psychologists are working with witnesses of the enemy attack. Over 30 city residents have already sought their help.”

Earlier on March 12, Russian forces attacked Kryvyi Rih, likely with a Kh-59 guided air-launched missile. Two multi-story residential buildings were damaged: a nine-story and a five-story building.

We’re bringing the voice of Ukraine to the world. Support us with a one-time donation, or become a Patron!

Read the original article on The New Voice of Ukraine