The fifth installment of the Michael Bay-directed Transformers series, The Last Knight, is now in theaters, and to … celebrate it? … we’re going to take a look back at the first four films and present to you these, the top five Very Bad Moments from the Transformers Franchise.
5. Gratuitous underwear shot (Transformers: Dark of the Moon)
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley joined the team as Carly in Dark of the Moon and was introduced via gratuitous underwear shot. It wasn’t entirely surprising for the film to linger on this kind of shot. The first film, in 2007, made a point of showcasing Megan Fox’s figure, despite the troubling fact that she was supposed to be a high school student.
4. Bumblebee pees on John Turturro (Transformers)
“How do the Transformers pee?” is a question that truly doesn’t need an answer. Yet the first film showcased it. Poor John Turturro. He’s easily one of the finest actors of his generation. It wouldn’t be the last time he’d be debased in this franchise.
3. Devastator’s “wrecking balls” (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)
Devastator, an evil robot made up of decepticons, had two wrecking balls down there to mimic, well, you know down there. The credit — blame? — goes to Michael Bay, according visual effects supervisor Scott Farrar. “That was Michael,” Hollywood.com reported back in 2009. “I thought it was outrageous and funny.”
2. The “Romeo & Juliet Law” thing (Transformers: Age of Extinction)
Instead of simply aging down Jack Reynor’s 20-year-old Shane or aging up Nicole Peltz’s 17-year-old Tessa, they decided to include a long, convoluted legal argument to explain that the relationship isn’t statutory rape. And they tried to make it “jokey.” Gross. Unnecessary.
1. Skids and Mudflap (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)
And No. 1, Skids and Mudflaps. The pair of ebonic-speaking robots immediately drew comparisons to Jar Jar Binks, which is bad, and black minstrel characters, which is really bad.
Check out our interview with rising Transformers star Isabela Moner:
Read more from Yahoo Movies:
- All About Shia LaBeouf’s Surprise Cameo in ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ (Spoilers!)
- Red Carpet Flashback! 10 Years of ‘Transformers’ Movies
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ — That Baffling End-Credits Scene Explained (Spoilers!)