Have an extra Compass Card? TransLink wants you to donate it.
The transportation authority has partnered with the United Way of the Lower Mainland to convert the value of the cards into transit passes.
"Some of the region's most vulnerable populations are reliant on [these] programs and services," TransLink CFO Cathy McLay said.
She says the passes will give families and children the ability to travel to jobs, medical appointments, and school.
"This program will remove one more barrier for people in need," United Way CEO Michael McKnight said.
McKnight said the passes will help their social service agencies.
"When we work together, we can really accomplish positive change in the community and help people," McKnight said.
Where to donate your Compass Cards:
- Waterfront Station (Canada Line).
- Vancouver City Centre Station (Canada Line).
- Broadway—City Hall Station (Canada Line).
- Granville Station (Expo Line).
- Stadium–Chinatown Station (Compass Customer Service Centre).