* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.16 percent to 20,666.41
* Leading the index were Crescent Point Energy Corp , up 14.4%, Vermilion Energy Inc, up 10.7%, and Fortuna Silver Mines Inc, higher by 9%.
* Lagging shares were Stelco Holdings Inc, down 7.2%, Lightspeed Commerce Inc, down 4.7%, and Trisura Group Ltd, lower by 4.6%.
* On the TSX 128 issues rose and 99 fell as a 1.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 16 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 262.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc, Enbridge Inc and Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.
* The TSX's energy group rose 5.28 points, or 4.2%, while the financials sector climbed 1.17 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.33%, or $0.93, to $70.65 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.99%, or $0.72, to $73.64 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 18.5% for the year.
This summary was machine generated September 13 at 21:03.