* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.02 percent to 17,025.11
* Leading the index were Ero Copper Corp , up 7.6%, Detour Gold Corp , up 5.8%, and Ballard Power Systems Inc , higher by 4.8%.
* Lagging shares were Aurora Cannabis Inc , down 16.7%, Aphria Inc, down 11.1%, and Hexo Corp, lower by 10.0%.
* On the TSX 120 issues rose and 101 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 19 new highs and 5 new lows, with total volume of 205.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Aphria Inc and Encana Corp.
* The TSX's energy group fell 2.20 points, or 1.6%, while the financials sector slipped 0.11 points, or 0.0%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 1.49%, or $0.86, to $56.86 a barrel. Brent crude fell 1.67% , or $1.06, to $62.24 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 18.9% for the year.