* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 4.52 percent to 13,139.23
* Leading the index were Chorus Aviation Inc <CHR.TO>, up 28.5%, Artis Real Estate Investment Trust <AX_u.TO>, up 27.3%, and NFI Group Inc , higher by 25.6%.
* Lagging shares were Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd , down 7.9%, Waste Connections Inc, down 6.9%, and Cameco Corp, lower by 5.7%.
* On the TSX 204 issues rose and 26 fell as a 7.8-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There was 1 new high and 2 new lows, with total volume of 549.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Cenovus Energy Inc and Tc Energy Corp.
* The TSX's energy group rose 3.88 points, or 8.0%, while the financials sector climbed 15.15 points, or 6.7%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.25%, or $0.3, to $24.31 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.99%, or $0.27, to $27.42 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 23% for the year.