* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.34 percent to 20,547.76
* Leading the index were BlackBerry Ltd , up 9.0%, Osisko Mining Inc, up 6%, and Methanex Corp, higher by 5.5%.
* Lagging shares were Badger Infrastructure Solutions Ltd, down 3.3%, OceanaGold Corp, down 3.1%, and North West Company Inc, lower by 1.8%.
* On the TSX 130 issues rose and 91 fell as a 1.4-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 12 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 144.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Kinross Gold Corp, Inter Pipeline Ltd and Suncor Energy Inc.
* The TSX's energy group rose 2.11 points, or 1.8%, while the financials sector slipped 0.27 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 3.05%, or $2, to $67.64 a barrel. Brent crude rose 3.51%, or $2.41, to $71.16 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 17.9% for the year.
This summary was machine generated August 24 at 21:03.