* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.35 percent to 20,633.06
* Leading the index were Denison Mines Corp , up 11.2%, Lithium Americas Corp, up 7.7%, and Cameco Corp, higher by 6.8%.
* Lagging shares were Equinox Gold Corp, down 4.6%, Westport Fuel Systems Inc, down 4.3%, and Canopy Growth Corp, lower by 3.9%.
* On the TSX 78 issues rose and 148 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 13 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 205.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Canadian Natural Resources Ltd, Suncor Energy Inc and Denison Mines Corp.
* The TSX's energy group rose 0.19 points, or 0.2%, while the financials sector slipped 1.18 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.3%, or $1.57, to $69.71 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.99%, or $1.42, to $72.87 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 18.4% for the year.
This summary was machine generated September 10 at 21:03.