* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.07 percent to 17,168.21
* Leading the index were Semafo Inc , up 4.4%, NovaGold Resources Inc , up 3.3%, and Westshore Terminals Investment Corp , higher by 2.4%.
* Lagging shares were Hexo Corp , down 19.1%, Canopy Growth Corp, down 4.6%, and Cronos Group Inc, lower by 4.2%.
* On the TSX 109 issues rose and 120 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 21 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 134.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Baytex Energy Corp and Hexo Corp.
* The TSX's energy group rose 0.03 points, or 0.0%, while the financials sector slipped 0.08 points, or 0.0%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures were flat%, or $0, to $61.68 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.31% , or $0.21, to $68.13 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 19.9% for the year.