* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.69 percent to 19,378.44
* Leading the index were Bausch Health Companies Inc , up 17.3%, Aurora Cannabis Inc, up 6%, and Dye & Durham Ltd, higher by 5.5%.
* Lagging shares were Laurentian Bank of Canada, down 10.4%, ECN Capital Corp, down 3.8%, and Advantage Energy Ltd, lower by 3.7%.
* On the TSX 69 issues rose and 166 fell as a 0.4-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were no new highs and 17 new lows, with total volume of 146.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Crescent Point Energy Corp, Suncor Energy Inc and Baytex Energy Corp.
* The TSX's energy group fell 1.98 points, or 0.8%, while the financials sector slipped 2.77 points, or 0.8%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 2.92%, or $2.68, to $88.96 a barrel. Brent crude fell 2.83%, or $2.81, to $96.5 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 8.7% for the year.
This summary was machine generated August 31 at 20:03.