* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.07 percent to 16,681.92
* Leading the index were Endeavour Mining Corp <EDV.TO>, up 8.6%, Finning International Inc <FTT.TO>, up 8.1%, and Encana Corp <ECA.TO>, higher by 7.8%.
* Lagging shares were Great Canadian Gaming Corp <GC.TO>, down 7.9%, OceanaGold Corp <OGC.TO>, down 7.0%, and Gran Tierra Energy Inc <GTE.TO>, lower by 5.6%.
* On the TSX 107 issues rose and 122 fell as a 0.9-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 22 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 228.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp <ECA.TO>, Bombardier Inc <BBDb.TO> and Aurora Cannabis Inc <ACB.TO>.
* The TSX's energy group <.SPTTEN> rose 1.59 points, or 1.2%, while the financials sector <.SPTTFS> climbed 0.92 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures <CLc1> rose 1.11%, or $0.63, to $57.17 a barrel. Brent crude <LCOc1> rose 1.27% , or $0.79, to $62.92 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 16.5% for the year.