* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.23 percent to 18,434.59
* Leading the index were Prairiesky Royalty Ltd , up 7.3%, CI Financial Corp, up 5.6%, and Vermilion Energy Inc, higher by 5.6%.
* Lagging shares were Aurora Cannabis Inc, down 14.2%, Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd, down 6.0%, and Colliers International Group Inc, lower by 5.3%.
* On the TSX 135 issues rose and 83 fell as a 1.6-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 13 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 179.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aphria Inc, Aurora Cannabis Inc and Enbridge Inc.
* The TSX's energy group rose 2.09 points, or 2.1%, while the financials sector climbed 0.88 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.47%, or $1.44, to $59.67 a barrel. Brent crude rose 2.45%, or $1.5, to $62.64 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 5.7% for the year.