Unventilated generator blamed for carbon monoxide poisoning; 3 treated in hospital

Unventilated generator blamed for carbon monoxide poisoning; 3 treated in hospital

Three members of a Trinity Bay family are on the mend after a close call during this weekend's power outages. 

All three people inhaled carbon monoxide at their home in Norman's Cove on Sunday.

They had been using a generator to heat their residence, but evidently did not notice that the colourless, odourless gas had been filling their home. 

A family member found them early Sunday afternoon, and called for help. An ambulance, the local fire department and the RCMP responded. 

The RCMP told CBC News that the generator had not been properly ventilated. 

All three people are expected to make a full recovery.