Stocks (^DJI, ^GSPC, ^IXIC) are rallying at the midday mark. The financial (XLF) sector is leading the way up, and utilities (XLU) and tech (XLT) are the only sectors in the red. Alan Valdes, director of floor operations at Silverbear, joins us from the New York Stock Exchange. To discuss the other big stories of the day, Alexis Christoforous is joined by Yahoo Finance editor-in-chief Andy Serwer and Yahoo Finance’s Seana Smith.
Today’s Midday Movers Topics:
- UK voters throw wrench into Brexit plans
- US stocks shrug off UK Brexit backslide
- Apple CEO Tim Cook’s MIT commencement speech
- Buffett auctions off power lunch to benefit homeless
- Where the summer jobs are
- Coke, Pepsi and the battle for coconut water supremacy