Victoria Top Stories

  • No charges laid in second deadly B.C. mill blast: Criminal Justice Branch The Canadian Press - Mon, 14 Apr, 2014

    VICTORIA - Massive changes are needed at WorkSafeBC to restore public confidence in the worker protection agency's investigations after two deadly sawmill blasts have … More »No charges laid in second deadly B.C. mill blast: Criminal Justice Branch

    VICTORIA - Massive changes are needed at WorkSafeBC to restore public confidence in the worker protection agency's investigations after two deadly sawmill blasts have failed to result in charges, says Labour Minister Shirley Bond. British Columbia's Criminal Justice Branch announced Monday that no charges will be laid …

  • Juan de Fuca MLA John Horgan is the only candidate left in the B.C. NDP leadership race.

    MLA John Horgan is set to become the next leader of the B.C. NDP opposition, after the only other candidate in the race, MLA Mike Farnworth confirmed rumours he was bowing out, on Tuesday afternoon in Victoria.

  • Victoria McDonald's blacklisted amid foreign workers controversy

    The owner of three McDonald's locations in Victoria, B.C., could face criminal prosecution if an investigation finds he lied on an application to hire temporary foreign workers, Employment Minister Jason Kenney says.

  • An elderly Victoria couple has gone to B.C. Supreme Court to try to take back control of their lives, after they were committed and held in hospital after going there for care.

  • An activist walks up the stairs of an oil storage tank at the Kinder Morgan facility in Burrard Inlet, B.C. on Oct. 16, 2013. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Jonathan Hayward

    VANCOUVER - The National Energy Board hearings into Kinder Morgan's proposed pipeline expansion through Alberta and British Columbia will begin in August and hear from more than a thousand people, groups and communities. Those groups given approval will be allowed to question experts and company officials and present evidence …

  • Vancouver port truckers reach deal to end strike The Canadian Press - Wed, 26 Mar, 2014
    The container truck drivers are demanding better wages and shorter wait times at the port. Last week, the port threatened not to renew the licences of drivers who did not return to work immediately — and Port Metro Vancouver says container truck volumes have since rebounded to 40 per cent of normal operations.

    "This agreement means our port is open for business starting tomorrow morning," B.C. Premier Christy Clark said at the provincial legislature in Victoria, after a flurry of meetings between government officials and the truckers. Clark and two of her cabinet ministers — Transportation Minister Todd Stone and Jobs Minister …

 

Victoria News Headlines