Here is a list of what's open and closed in the Halifax area on Thanksgiving Monday:
- Gateway Meat Market will be open regular hours over Thanksgiving weekend, from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sobeys will be closed.
- Atlantic Superstore will be closed.
- Halifax Seaport Farmers' Market will be closed.
- Costco will be closed.
- Walmart will be closed.
Liquor and beer
- Bishop's Cellar will be open.
- Propeller Brewing Company will be open Monday, but will not be providing home deliveries.
- Nine Locks Brewing Company will be open.
- Moosehead Cold Beer Store on Windmill Road will be open.
- RockHead Wine and Beer Market will be open.
- Halifax Shopping Centre will be closed.
- Mic Mac Mall will be closed.
- Sunnyside Mall will be closed.
- Bedford Place Mall will be closed.
- Park Lane Mall will be closed.
- Scotia Square Mall will be closed.
Halifax public libraries
All branches will be closed.
Bus services will run on a holiday on Monday. Click here for holiday schedule details.
There will be no solid waste collection service on Monday.
The Otter Lake Waste Management Facility and the municipal recycling facility will be closed on Monday.
The Household Special Waste Depot in Bayers Lake will be closed on Monday and will reopen for regular operating hours on Saturday, Oct. 17.
Most city-run recreation facilities will be closed on Monday. Residents are advised to call ahead to their respective facility for operating hours and program information.
The Emera Oval will be open on Monday, weather permitting.
Halifax Public Gardens
Open from 7 a.m. to a half hour before dusk.
311 citizen contact centres
The 311 call centre will be operating on regular hours, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., on Monday. The three customer service centres that provide in-person access to municipal services and payments will be closed on Monday, reopening for regular business hours on Tuesday, Oct. 13.
MORE TOP STORIES