A TikToker shared her allergic reaction to fake eyelashes after the technician used glue she was allergic to — and then compared her swelling to a blobfish in the video.
Sometimes, beauty hacks or tricks can fall flat and potentially be harmful — and TikToks covering the events can be good learning lessons to prevent future mistakes. In May, a reality star in Australia revealed that a DIY needling hack she found on TikTok left her with deep scarring across her face. Another beauty enthusiast shared in February that the rice water hack that was going viral on the platform resulted in her accidentally washing her hair with maggots.
But for this story, the TikTok user actually went to a professional.
These delicious keto recipes will get you through the summer:
The user, who goes by Adelaide Elizabeth on the app, recalled in her video that she knew she was allergic to eyelash glue, but she still went to the salon anyway to get eyelash extensions. After sitting through the technician applying each individual lash to her eye, Elizabeth paid and left the store.
Then, the reaction hit her — hard.
In the TikTok, Elizabeth shared photos she took after the reaction had spread across her face, captioning it “HAHAHA LOL.”
In the image, she had huge bags under her eyes, and her eyelids had swollen up. She put the picture side-by-side with a photo of a blobfish to poke more fun at herself.
“My face actually looked like a blobfish,” she said.
One commenter asked what we were all wondering: “If you knew you [were] allergic to the glue, why would you have it done?”
Get your apron ready — it's pasta night!
In The Know is now available on Apple News — follow us here!
If you enjoyed this story, read more about the 18-year-old who draws “insecurities” on TikTok.
More from In The Know:
Model criticized for “tone deaf” display of free stuff
The post Woman shares allergic reaction to eyelash extensions appeared first on In The Know.