TikTok couple shares heartbreaking wedding drink-spiking experience to raise awareness: 'Shame on whoever did this'

A woman took to TikTok to spread awareness about drinking safety after she and her husband endured a heartbreaking wedding drink-spiking experience.

TikToker Brandy Billy shared the emotional story in the following video, which has received over 6 million views and 500,000 likes.

11 ways women can shrink the gender pay gap to better achieve their financial goals

According to Billy, her husband’s drinks were surreptitiously spiked during their wedding. In the video’s captions, Billy expressed her fear that her husband would pass out before their marriage ceremony.

To help him regain his composure before the ceremony, Billy pulled her husband-to-be aside to get him some fresh air and calm him down. Billy tried to get her groom to recite his vows, but he was visibly impaired by the drugs.

“I can’t. I can’t. I’m sorry,” Billy’s groom said. The couple was on the verge of tears.

“Let’s get you out of the heat for a second, OK?” Billy replied as she embraced him. Billy then said that she had to have her husband checked out by a nurse.

Despite the unfortunate setbacks, the wedding proceeded. Throughout the remainder of the TikTok, it is evident that the groom continued to have trouble fighting through his side effects.

Billy finished by describing the wedding’s aftermath; her husband was drug tested, and the wedding venue helped the Billys investigate the wedding drink-spiking. The couple now knows which guests were responsible, and they know that the substance slipped into the drinks was Adderall.

“Many people intentionally combine alcohol & Adderall to party harder and longer! So they spike others’ drink thinking they will be hype all night with them,” Billy wrote in the caption. “We do know who it was, and yes, it has been dealt with!”

Adderall is only available with a doctor’s prescription, so recreational use can be hazardous. According to the Mayo Clinic, Adderall is used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) or narcolepsy. While severe side effects from Adderall are uncommon, one can sometimes experience irregular heartbeat, nausea, sweating, vomiting, difficulty breathing, confusion, fainting, hallucinations and seizures.

Furthermore, the risks of Adderall increase when mixed with alcohol. According to the American Addiction Centers, combining the substances can lead to unpredictable outcomes that “often would not occur if one consumed either alcohol or Adderall alone.” Long-term mixed drug abuse “can also lead to serious cognitive issues that reflect damage to the central nervous system.”

TikTokers sympathized with the Billys’ traumatic wedding-drink-spiking experience; many commenters were disturbed and outraged.


“Someone intentionally did that?? I am so sorry that some thoughtless person ruined your beautiful wedding like that,” another wrote.

“This was so scary to watch, you can tell immediately that he is in serious distress! Shame on whoever did this!” someone else posted.

Since the incident, the Billys have dedicated themselves to spreading awareness about mixed drug use and drinking safety. Billy is now a partner of the safety accessory company Nightcap. At the end of the video, she demonstrates how to use the company’s drink-spiking prevention covers.

“Never accept an open drink unless it comes from a licensed bartender!” Billy warned.

If you or someone you know is experiencing substance use disorder, call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration at 1-800-662-4357 for resources.

The post Woman on TikTok shares husband’s heartbreaking wedding drink-spiking story to raise awareness appeared first on In The Know.

More from In The Know:

Bartender steps in as TikTokers attempt to film a drink-spiking prevention video

Danya Sherman is on a mission to create safe drinking environments with her company

TikToker shares details of most disastrous first date she's ever been on: 'You will never hear from me again'

Woman warns TikTok viewers about 'scary' tactic used to spike drinks at bars