The "Oral Antibiotics Market, by Class, Application, Drug Origin, Spectrum of Activity and Drug Type: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2020-2027" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global oral antibiotics market generated $18,365.80 million in 2018, and is projected to reach $23,306.10 million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 2.7% from 2019 to 2027.
Antibiotic is an antimicrobial substance or a compound that fights against bacterial infections and sometimes with protozoan infections, but not viral infections. These are medications that either stop bacteria from growing or kill bacteria directly, referred as bacteriostatic and bactericidal antibiotics, respectively. There are several types of antibiotics easily available at drug stores and in hospitals with a prescription or without a prescription in most of countries. Antibiotics are mostly used during transplants, dialysis, suppressed immune system, and joint replacement.
There is an increase in demand for antibiotics, owing to an increased consumption in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) and a rise in the prevalence of infectious diseases. In addition, development of novel approaches for new antibiotics to treat bacterial infections and large number of clinical trials further drive market growth. However, development of antibiotic resistance, driven by misuse of antibiotics and time taken for regulatory approvals are projected to impede market growth. On the contrary, discovery of advanced prospect molecules and novel combination therapies to treat antibiotic-resistant microbial infections are expected to offer significant profitable opportunities for the market players.
The global oral antibiotics market is segmented on the basis of class, application drug origin, spectrum of activity, application, and region. On the basis of class, the market is classified into beta lactam & beta lactamase inhibitors, quinolones, macrolides, and others. Beta lactam & beta lactamase inhibitors is further segmented into Penicillin, Cephalosporin, and others. By application, the market is divided into community- respiratory tract infections (CARTIS), urinary acquired tract infections (UTIS), dental, and others. Depending on drug origin, it is categorized into natural, semisynthetic, and synthetic.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global oral antibiotics market size along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers market analysis from 2020 to 2027, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing opportunities in the market.
- A comprehensive analysis of region assists to understand the regional market and facilitate the strategic business planning and determine prevailing opportunities.
- The profiles and growth strategies of the key players are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the global oral antibiotics market growth.
- Increase in Consumption in Low-And Middle-Income Countries (Lmics)
- Rise in Prevalence of Infectious Diseases
- Development of Novel Approaches
- Development of Antibiotic Resistance
- Time Consuming Approvals
- Discovery of Advanced Therapies to Treat Antibiotic-Resistance
- Abbott Laboratories
- Allergan Plc
- F Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Merck & Co Inc
- Mylan NV
- Novartis International AG (Sandoz)
- Pfizer Inc
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/6t00kp
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900