The 2018 World Cup kicks off in less than a month. That means it’s time to dive in. Time to prepare. Time to get set for the greatest sporting event on earth.
As the World Cup opener nears, this page will be your home for all of Yahoo Sports’ preview content. We will go team by team and group by group. We will hit on the most compelling stories and topics. And as we do, this page will be updated with links to all of it.
Team previews began with four per weekday on Tuesday, May 15.
Group A: Russia | Saudi Arabia | Egypt | Uruguay
Group B: Portugal | Spain | Morocco | Iran
Group C: France | Australia | Peru | Denmark
Group D: Argentina | Iceland | Croatia | Nigeria
Group E: Brazil | Switzerland | Costa Rica | Serbia
Group F: Germany | Mexico | Sweden | South Korea
Group G: Belgium | Panama | Tunisia | England
Group H: Poland | Senegal | Colombia | Japan
Group previews will begin on Tuesday, May 29.
Group A | Group B | Group C | Group D | Group E | Group F | Group G | Group H
Nuts and Bolts
- All 32 World Cup rosters, as they’re announced
- Group stage schedule | Team-by-team schedules
- World Cup warmup friendly schedule
- Latest World Cup news
- How Vladimir Putin can use the World Cup to his benefit
- Ramadan dilemma for World Cup-bound Muslim players: faith or football?
- Jurgen Klinsmann, Bruce Arena dish on USMNT’s qualifying failure
- How Mohamed Salah rose from Chelsea benchwarmer to Ballon d’Or candidate
- Jurgen Klinsmann: “Almost impossible” for Germany to repeat
- Why Messi doesn’t need a World Cup to retain GOAT status
- FC Yahoo staff power rankings
- Group difficulty rankings
- Henry Bushnell’s World Cup power rankings: March 29 | Nov. 15
Twice a week throughout the month leading up to the World Cup, FC Yahoo’s writers and editors will engage in a series of debates and discussions on a variety of topics.
World Cup Touchline
From December to June, Henry Bushnell’s World Cup Touchline column bridged the gap between the end of the qualifying cycle and the beginning of the tournament itself.
November: The story of qualification
January: How to enjoy the 2018 World Cup as a grieving USMNT fan
February: Goodbye, PyeongChang; Hello, Russia
March: Pre-World Cup friendly takeaways
May: What the 2017-18 club season told us about the upcoming World Cup