Ontario police are aware of a disgusting letter that apparently sent to a woman caring for an autistic child by a woman neighbour who wanted the "wild animal kid" out of her neighbourhood, even if it meant killing the child.
The hateful letter was reportedly sent last week to a resident of Newcastle, Ont., just west of Toronto, who hosts her 13-year-old grandson, Max, during summer days.
Mother Karley Begley spoke with CityNews and broke down in tears as she tried to read the letter.
The letter was re-posted on Twitter by Lennon and Maisy, a young Ontario singing duo who also star on ABC's Nashville.
A close family friend has an autistic boy and this was an anonymous letter slipped under her door. This is real. pic.twitter.com/VyRb2oqPrG
— Lennon and Maisy (@lennonandmaisy) August 19, 2013
The post has been retweeted more than 3,000 times. A Durham Regional Police officer told Yahoo! Canada News they were aware of the letter.
From its tone, the letter could be considered anything from abusive to threatening or perhaps even criminal. It is addressed to "the lady living at this address" and signed, "One pissed off mother!!!!*"
*The number, but not the frequency, of exclamation and question marks used in the letter has been approximated in this post. It reads:
I also live in this neighbourhood and have a problem!!!! You have a kid that is mentally handicapped and you consciously decided that it would be a good idea to live in a close proximity neighgbourhood like this???? You selfishly put your kid outside everyday and let him be a nothing but a nuisance and a problem to everyone else with that noise polluting whaling he constantly makes!!! That noise he makes when he is outside is DREADFUL!!!!!!!!!! It scares the hell out of my normal children!!!!!!!!!
The letter goes on to state:
- Crying babies, music and even barking dogs are normal sounds in a residential neighbourhood!!!!! He is NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- He is a nuisance to everyone and will always be that way!!!!!! Who the hell is going to care for him????????? No employer will hire him, no normal girl is going to marry/love him and you are not going to live forever!!
- [T]hey should take whatever non retarded body parts he possesses and donate it to science. What the hell else good is he to anyone!!!!
- You had a retarded kid, deal with it... properly!!!!! What right do you have to do this to hard working people!!!!!!!!!
- I HATE people like you who believe, just because you have a special needs kid, you are entitled to special treatment!!! GOD!!!!
- Go live in a tralier in the woods or something with your wild animal kid!!! Nobody wants you living here and they don't have the guts to tell you!!!!!
- Do the right thing and move or euthanize him!!! Either way, we are ALL better off!!!
According to CityNews, the neighbourhood has come out in support of the Begley family and is trying to determine who sent the letter. The reaction on Twitter was no less severe.
A letter written by a despicable neighbor to a family with an autistic son. Disgusting and inhuman. pic.twitter.com/hntmo0Bcyi
— Shadows Fall (@ShadowsFallBand) August 19, 2013
@lennonandmaisy Wow this is so disturbing. Can't believe someone would actually say that.
— Callee (@Calleeann) August 19, 2013
Want to know what news is brewing in Canada?
Follow @MRCoutts on Twitter