Cuomo, speaking with CNN colleagues Anderson Cooper and Dr. Sanjay Gupta, said he now worried about how long the illness would last and for how long he’d have to remain quarantined in the basement of his family home.
“My fear is that I’m going to get through this and then I’m going to get something else, these superinfections you guys talk about, like pneumonia or something like that, and I’ll have another 10 days,” explained Cuomo, who announced his diagnosis earlier this week.
“That’s my fear, now, like how will I handle that?” he added. “How will I handle another three weeks of this? That’s what I try to not focus on because it scares me.” He also repeated his concern about infecting other family members.
Cuomo described himself as currently feeling like a “dead weight all day long,” saying he is so lethargic that “I can stare outside and an hour and a half goes by,” while profuse sweating had forced him to change his clothes seven times a day.
“It’s a really surreal existence,” he added. “I’m not bored because I’m barely aware of what’s going on.” On Thursday, Cuomo described enduring “wicked phantasmagorical experiences that are not dreams” including one involving his late father.
Check out the segment here:
"What I'm worried about is duration. And my fear is I'm going to get through this and then I'm going to get something else ... like pneumonia." - CNN's @ChrisCuomo speaks with @AndersonCooper and @DrSanjayGupta about his fight with Covid-19. https://t.co/HUXxxSC0kt pic.twitter.com/DgESjbWxgq— Anderson Cooper 360° (@AC360) April 4, 2020
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Why it might take weeks for people and businesses to get government relief
- How to feel less lonely during social distancing if you live alone
- I just got out of a COVID-19 ICU. Here’s how I made it through.
- How to make a no-sew coronavirus face mask
- What to do if you live with someone with COVID-19
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.
Also on HuffPost
This article originally appeared on HuffPost.