The pic is the directorial debut of Eric Schultz. Written by Thomas Torrey and Justin Moretto, it follows a reclusive Indian American neuroscientist who becomes entangled in his own experiment, pitting ten fragments of his consciousness against each other, as he strives to surpass his father’s legacy.
More from Deadline
- Fantasia Fest To Give John Carpenter Lifetime Achievement Award, Unveils Final Titles Ahead Of Virtual Edition
- Fantasia Virtual Edition To Open With Neil Marshall's Plague Horror 'The Reckoning'
- Gravitas, Kamikaze Dogfight Ink Multi-Picture Output Deal; IFP Going Virtual For IFP Week; Utopia Re-Releasing 'Rad' - Film Briefs
The digital domestic rollout will follow the movie’s Fantastia premiere on August 26, with other territories being worked our separately.
Utopia’s recent releases include the 2020 Sundance doc Bloody Nose, Empty Pockets and the rock icon doc Suzi Q.
“The visionary creative team behind Minor Premise have made one of the most exciting sci-fi debuts in recent memory. As a company built to support emerging visions, Utopia couldn’t be more honored to be entrusted with bringing the film to audiences all over the globe,” said Danielle DiGiacomo, Utopia’s Head of Content.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto