Subscribe to The Yahoo Fantasy Basketball Podcast
Welcome back! While Andy Behrens is on vacation, Dalton Del Don and Basketball Monster’s Josh Lloyd to discuss all things NBA in the latest fantasy basketball podcast.
In this week’s Starting Five:
1) Kyrie Irving aggravated his shoulder injury and is expected to undergo surgery, which will knock him out for the rest of the year. We look at what to expect from Spencer Dinwiddie, Caris LeVert, and other players who look to gain value on the Brooklyn Nets. (02:41)
2) Karl-Anthony Towns is seeking a ‘second opinion’ on his left wrist. That ... is not good news. Is it time to worry about Towns missing the rest of the season? And in the meantime, will Naz Reid and James Johnson be worth a pickup? (07:21)
3) The deep get deeper, Reggie Jackson is reportedly joining the Los Angeles Clippers. We look at who will pick up minutes in Detroit and who will lose minutes in Los Angeles. (10:22)
4) Clint Capela is expected to be out for "weeks" with plantar fasciitis, which means Dewayne Dedmon moves into must-own territory. (13:33)
5) If you play on Yahoo, you might notice that Robert Covington is now center-eligible. While the Rockets are putting the “extreme” in extreme-small-ball, we look at why RoCo could be a top-25 player the rest of the year. (14:25)
Following the Starting Five, Dalton and Josh discuss second-half projections, the fallout of the Cavaliers’ coaching change, and new Warrior, Andrew Wiggins. Next up, they share some waiver wire pickups to consider, including Malik Monk, Coby White, Seth Curry, and Jae Crowder. (18:00)
And we wrap up the show with In Case You Missed It. ICYMI this week: Kevin Garnett joined the All The Smoke podcast and gave his take on the best trash talkers in the NBA, and how he almost joined the Los Angeles Lakers. (33:40)
Please remember to rate, review and subscribe on your podcast provider of choice and send us your questions for future episodes on Twitter @YahooFantasy.
Follow Dalton @daltondeldon
Follow Josh @redrock_bball