Man electrocuted while removing antenna from home

A man was killed Thursday when he was electrocuted while attempting to remove an exterior antenna from a building, local and state officials said. Investigators said the man was on a fire-escape removing an antenna from the three-story Danforth Street building at about 7:30 a.m. The antenna made contact with a nearby power line, killing him and setting the building on fire. Taunton firefighters extinguished the fire, and no other injuries were reported. The victim’s name has not been released. He was the building's landlord and was from Easton. The incident remains under investigation.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting